Friday, December 14, 2018

You Leapt in my Womb - A Poem


I sat next to the Christmas tree, using the beautiful light to read my advent devotional. As I sat there, I began to think about the memorial service I went to today, and I was led to write this poem. I'd like to share it with you all.

"You leapt in my womb,
of this I am sure,
when they carried the earthly body
of a Godly saint out the door.

We were celebrating the many ways
this sweet lady touched us all.
She was a lady of poise and grace,
always with a smile on her face.

When the memorial service was through,
we stood to honor her life.
Standing there still, I felt a wiggle,
you were leaping with life.

The timing uncanny,
but in my heart I pray,
that you, my little one
learn her legacy, nay,
learn why she has such.

She loved the Lord,
as I pray you will too.

You leapt in my womb,
of this I am sure,
you joined in the celebration,
of a life well lived."

No comments:

Post a Comment