Monday, October 1, 2018

Country Roads


When it came to picking a song for the first dance at our wedding, I had a couple ideas. Eventually we decided on "What a Wonderful World" played by our good friend on the piano. You can see him in the second picture. The first time I heard him play it, I just about cried during a Christmas show we were doing. The song has traveled with me through life, showing up during important times, such as my first dance on pointe shoes!


It was a beautiful song! We didn't have a song that was "ours", so it was a great choice! Sometime around then, we began to listen to the song by John Denver, "Country Roads". I had watched an episode of "Love Boat" in which Donny Osmond's character sings this song to honor his mama. It's the most beautiful 2-part episode in the series that I've seen to date. I related this story to John, and went to find the song again, and it was gone! 


We began to listen to the version by John Denver. Quickly, it became "our song"! We listen to it several times a week, usually in the car. When we went camping in August, I was in an antique store when I found the record album above! I was ecstatic! Of course, I had to buy it so we had our own copy to play on a good ole fashioned record player. 😊



1 comment:

  1. Country Road by John Denver....now you are borrowing from my era..... LOL

    ReplyDelete